[sr #110918] savannah emailed wrong address

From: Dave
Subject: [sr #110918] savannah emailed wrong address
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 08:07:24 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Wed 09 Aug 2023 07:07:22 AM CDT By: Dave <barx>
A couple days ago, when adding comment 2 to savannah bug #58718, I also added
Peter Schaffter (http://savannah.gnu.org/users/ptpi) to the bug's cc list,
using his savannah handle as I have in the past.  However, savannah sent the
resultant email to ptpi@gnu.org instead of to the email address shown in
Peter's record.  This is not a valid @gnu.org email address, as I have
verified by emailing it separately and receiving the expected bounce.

The full email, with headers, that savannah generated for this comment is
available in the mbox archive
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/mbox/bug-groff/2023-08 under the message ID
20230807-120702.sv93119.88220@savannah.gnu.org.

This bug was introduced sometime this year, as it did not happen in January
when I added the same savannah handle to the cc list of bug #63632 at the same
time I added its comment 1.

That the email savannah generated that time used Peter's correct email address
can again be verified in the mbox archive; see message ID
20230109-014829.sv93119.69943@savannah.gnu.org at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/mbox/bug-groff/2023-01.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110918>

Message sent via Savannah