Re: Eligibility of CC-BY-SA for documentation within a software project

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Eligibility of CC-BY-SA for documentation within a software project
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 16:39:35 -0700

    keep both options to choose (dual GFDL+CC-BY-SA).

Dual licensing is fine. Thanks.

    the entire repository with all previous history of commits (some of
    which turned out to be inconsistent with the policies) to Savannah after
    adjusting the current commits to the requirements?

I don't know. I don't recall a precedent either way.

    The examples of the config files are another concern

The simplest thing for examples might be to simply label them "public
domain". Then they are compatible with everything and anyone can use
them as desired, without worrying about the requirements of the GFDL or
CC-BY-SA. Which is usually what's actually desired for examples. --best, karl.