Re: [Simulavr-devel] Support for atmega2560?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Support for atmega2560?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 08:46:45 +0100

As address@hidden wrote:

> I'm very interested in bringing support for atmega2560 to this
> project, since I am in urgent need for this. There was an old thread
> on the internet where this was briefly mentioned but soon
> abandoned. Can anyone provide some pointers regarding how to
> implement atmega2560 support so I could start from there? Thanks!

I see two problems here.

One is that none of that device family is supported so far
(ATmega2560/2561, ATmega1280/1281, ATmega644), so the peripheral
simulation must be done.  Those peripherals differ a lot from their
predecessor family (ATmega128, ATmega64).

However, as the ATmega1284 family is supported, it can probably be
used as a base for porting.  I think its peripherals are very similar
to the ATmega2560 & co ones.

The second thing is that a 24-bit PC CPU core must be done.  I don't
think anything to that respect has already been done.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/