Re: dead but not locked

From: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: dead but not locked
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:34:47 -0800

Jeff Ramsey wanted us to know:

>Could I talk you into emailing me the script?

It probably all centers around the concept of:

  /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamass-milter status
  RETVAL=$?
  if [ $RETVAL -ne 0 ]; then
     restart code
  fi

That was what I did with mine.  I'm no longer using RedHat boxen for
mail servers any more.  Our Gentoo boxen scream along (albeit also more
powerful hardware).  The daemons haven't died yet after about 3 months.
--
Regards...              Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin