Re: Stability progress?

From: Todd Lyons
Subject: Re: Stability progress?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:01:22 -0700

Dan Nelson wanted us to know:

>> Do you have a preferred list of command line switches for valgrind?
>Just --tool=memcheck.  (which is the default on older versions, was
>removed, then got put back I think).
>Also remove the -f flag from your spamas-milter commandline if you have
>it; that makes it fork into the background and chdir to /, which will
>both make it impossible to read the error messages and keep you from
>generating a corefile :)

I'm doing this on my test mail machine too.  I had it crash once on me
last week, and I am trying to gather info on how to do it.

This is how I call it:
/usr/sbin/spamass-milter -p /var/run/spamass-milter.sock -f -r 20 -i
127.0.0.1 -b quarantine

I will note that I never had a problem with it until I added the
switches "-i 127.0.0.1 -b quarantine".  It runs on a production system
that's been live since August of last year without those switches with
no problem (and on the test system since that time as well).  I changed
the low volume test system 4 weeks ago to the above commandline and the
process died after three weeks.  If I come up with any more information,
I shall let you know.
--
Regards...              Todd
  We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.