Re: Run as NON-ROOT

From: EASY address@hidden
Subject: Re: Run as NON-ROOT
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:49:56 +0100

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 09:21 -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Steve wrote:
> > Is it possible to get the milter to start as a non-root user or drop
> > to a non root user? Does it provide for this?
>
> Yes, and the Debian and Ubuntu packages do this by default if you have
> a version later than 0.3.1-3.
>
> See the RUNAS option in the init script.
>

> Don Armstrong

There seems to be some confusion. I'm not running the Debian version.
I'm running the version compiled from source downloaded last week from
the authors website so any of the 'extras' in the Debian package I don't
have. Therefore the 'RTFM' type follow ups are really less than helpful.

I've read the FM that was packaged with the source and had there been
any half legible documentation on RUNAS I would not be asking.

Would someone mind pasting the init script here that I *don't* have so I
can RTFM :-)