Re: -x on Postfix, and a possible fix.

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: -x on Postfix, and a possible fix.
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:21:22 -0700

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010, Tony Shadwick wrote:
> Although I must acknowledge this as a problem, this is somewhat the
> fault of a negligent systems administrator.

It's primarily the fault of the coder for calling out to the shell
instead of specifying the arguments directly using popenv or similar.

> So far as fixing -x...I just don't know. Maybe some sanity checking
> to make sure that there are no pipe symbols in the address being
> passed through?

-x has *already* been fixed in versions that are distributed by Debian
and Fedora, and presumably Ubuntu, Redhat and others.

Don Armstrong

--
[The] JK-88 [coffee] percolator is capable of acheiving the ultimate
balance of aroma and density, aftertaste and emollience, pentosans and