summer-of-code

[gnu-soc] Inquiry Regarding Google Summer of Code 2024 Participation

From: Ramesh Adhikari
Subject: [gnu-soc] Inquiry Regarding Google Summer of Code 2024 Participation
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 21:13:35 +0530

Hello,

My name is Ramesh Adhikari, and I'm a student interested in participating in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2024. As the proposal submission deadline approaches, I'm diligently working on my proposal while conducting further research.

I recently reached out to the developers of GNUTLS regarding my interest in participating in GSoC, particularly focusing on the project "Support Multiple Pre-Shared Keys in TLS 1.3." However, I learned that GNUTLS is not participating in this year's GSoC program. Despite this, I am eager to contribute to the GNU project and have been encouraged to explore opportunities with other GNU projects.

Upon further research, I found that GNUnet, which also utilizes GnuTLS, is participating in GSoC 2024. I believe my background and interests align well with the projects offered by GNUnet. In addition, I have already made contributions to the GNUTLS project, including two commits, one of which is ongoing.

I am particularly interested in the "Single-process peer" project offered by GNUnet. Given my experience with GnuTLS and my commitment to learning and contributing to free software projects, I believe I can make valuable contributions to GNUnet during the GSoC program.

Could you please provide guidance on how I can get involved with the GNUnet project for GSoC 2024? I am eager to learn more about the project requirements,

Thank you for considering my inquiry.

Thank You

Ramesh