Re: copy-file problems

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: copy-file problems
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:12:59 +0900

Hi,

> Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> writes:

>> 1. When copying local:file.gz to remote:file.gz, the later is
>> compressed by gzip once again.

>> 2. When copying local:file.gz to remote:file.bz2, the later is
>> not uncompressed by gzip but compressed by bzip2.

I've confirmed both the problems have gone.  Thank you.

>> 3. When copying local:file.gz to remote:file, the later is not
>> uncompressed.

> This seems normal: M-x copy-file RET /tmp/kai1.gz RET /tmp/kai2 RET
> produces two files /tmp/kai1.gz and /tmp/kai2 that are exactly the
> same.

> I think this is the expected behavior.  What do you think?

Oh, I understood that Tramp is not scp.  That's ok. :)

Although it may be improved in the future, I am regretful that
copied files in a remote machine takes the `-rw-------' mode
unconditionally.  For instance, if I upload a file to my ftp
site using Tramp, it cannot be downloaded by anonymous users.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden>