[patch] Bug in multi-hop code and fix

From: Andy Sloane
Subject: [patch] Bug in multi-hop code and fix
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 02:54:07 -0500

Hi there,

I haven't been able to use tramp under windows because of a mystifying
issue trying to get past my firewall at work.  I want to use an
intermediate plink hop, then a real ssh hop.  The issue is in at least
tramp 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 (I haven't tried the CVS, but I couldn't find
any reference to this issue in the mailing list archives).

It turns out that, with an appropriately set up
tramp-default-proxies-alist, when I try to open up
/ssh:address@hidden:/, it correctly asks me for my
password on /plink:address@hidden: - except I
always get a login failure because the tramp-password-end-of-line is
set from the original method, ssh, instead of the current hop method,
plink.

The attached patch is straightforward and fixes the issue for me.

-Andy