Re: cygwin-mount tramps tramp?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: cygwin-mount tramps tramp?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:38:10 +0200

Deliverable Mail <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I use tramp with plink1 method on native windoze xemacs, and I also use
> cygwin-mount. I have a mount point on which I mount a samba-imported linux
> partition, //machine.domain/path/, mounted via cygwin-mount /ww. Before I
> actually use anything from samba, tramp accesses remote stuff fine. However,
> after I get one thing via cygwin-mount, and then try to get more staff with
> tramp via /[plink1/address@hidden, tramp complains that a
> /[plink1/address@hidden//machine.domain/path/blah
> does not exist. Anything for blah -- e.g. ~blah-at-home,
> .home/user/absolute-blah, etc. -- gets appended after
> heck-knows-where-from-appearing cygwin mount... Any ideas on disentangling
> them?

I've tried to reproduce the scenario, but not successfull. I guess it
is due to the order cygwin and tramp are associated with
`file-name-handler-alist´.

Tramp tries to disable cygwin-mount temporarily when it is in
action. But this might be mangled. Could, you, please, provide the
.emacs code how you load tramp and cygwin-mount? Is it via `require´,
and in which order? Or is it via `autoload´?

It would be also helpful if you could send a bug report via `tramp-submit-bug´,
including the *tramp/plink1 ...* and *debug tramp/plink1 ...* buffers.