Re: recurrent tramp hangs with non-tramp usage

From: Seb
Subject: Re: recurrent tramp hangs with non-tramp usage
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 08:46:16 -0500

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 15:33:17 +0200,
Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Seb <address@hidden> writes:
>> However, while looking through the ~/.emacs.d/tramp I see that my
>> host name is not correct.  Where does tramp get this information
>> from?

> From you :-)

> Tramp has no own brainpower, it does what it is instructed to
> do. Likely, it was a typo.

The only file in my entire system where the incorrect host name was
listed turned out to be ~/.emacs.d/.session (the value of
`session-save-file').  This was an old host name used for the local
machine.  Removing that file so that the session library recreated it
solved the invalid listing in ~/.emacs.d/tramp.

Thanks,
--
Seb