Tramp loads files but gets stuck always until C-g pressed.....with every

From: Christian Seberino
Subject: Tramp loads files but gets stuck always until C-g pressed.....with every shell tried and prompt
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:36:34 -0600

[ I posted a related question to the Emacs list and Michael Albinus was kind enough to ] [ give me some pointers there yet still problem persists, so I'd like see if good people ]
[ of the Tramp list had any ideas.... ]

The following problem persists in bash and zsh with default shell prompt
including when I do emacs -q to rule out .emacs weirdness...

I can traverse remote server directories with local Emacs Tramp.
When I try to open some files it freezes with messages like the following...

Tramp: Inserting `/ssh:address@hidden:/home/cs/Ws/philfour/mvc/views/booklist.html'...done

When I do C-g I can go to file and edit it fine. The mystery is why it gets stuck
in the first place?

I'm on Ubuntu Linux 14.04.

Any help greatly appreciated.

cs