Re: tramp-cache and destructive operations

From: Jürgen Hötzel
Subject: Re: tramp-cache and destructive operations
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 19:34:28 +0200

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
Jürgen Hötzel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Jürgen,

> Makes sense. I wasn't aware of possible side effects when implementing
> `tramp-adb-handle-directory-files-and-attributes' back in 2011.

I've checked the code further. The cached value of
`tramp-adb-handle-directory-files-and-attributes' becomes invalid, when
one of the files in the directory changes its attributes. Consequently,
you must also flush the file properties of the directory, if you call
`tramp-adb-handle-set-file-modes' or `tramp-adb-handle-set-file-times'.

Good catch: There was the same issue in `tramp-sh-handle-set-file-modes' and
`tramp-sh-handle-set-file-times'.

Regards, Jürgen