Re: How do I debug this?

From: Mark Geary
Subject: Re: How do I debug this?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 22:20:36 -0400

On Aug 23, 2017, at 2:14 PM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mark Geary <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Marc,
>
>> Now when I try to open a remote file, Tramp sits and spins with
>> "Waiting for prompts from remote shell...". When it times out, the
>> *tramp/ssh prismnet.com* buffer is empty.

My apologies. The problem was Little Snitch. (An application level firewall).
Once I told it that it was Ok for Emacs to make ssh connections, everything
worked as it should. I should have known. I’ve had similar problems caused by
Little Snitch before while logged in remotely.

I’m still having another problem, connecting with Tramp from a Linux box at
work, to the prismnet FreeBSD box, but I’m getting more output from it before
it hangs and I need to look at that more closely.

Mark