SSH troubles

From: Frederick Bartlett
Subject: SSH troubles
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 21:25:46 -0400

Hello!

Upon updating to Fedora 36, I discovered that I could not ssh into a site I use for work. After some investigation, I discovered that I had to roll back ssh to an earlier version. (Of course, I should convince the owner of the server to update _his_ ssh, but that’s not going to happen.)

I now get into the server with an alias that expands to

toolbox -c fedora-toolbox-32 run ssh -i ~/a.pem -o ServerAliveInterval=5 -o ServerAliveCountMax=1 a_user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

This works fine; but now I want to use Emacs to edit files on that server, and I’m getting the same errors that ssh gave me before my hack.

How can I convince Tramp to use an older ssh?

Thanks for all your work!
Fred