uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp pre-release snapshot available

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp pre-release snapshot available
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:24:04 +0200

> I assume you mean fuse bits when you are talking about flags.

Yes :-) you are absolute right here. Seems to be that some fuses burned
out
in my head today ;-)

> Your patch has been in cvs for a long time now. It just isn't on the
> mainline, but is on it's own branch. Some of the functionality of your
> patch is already on the mainline, and some is still on it's branch.
> What remains is handling fuse and lock bits via hi-v parallel
> programming on the stk500 (already noted in the TODO file).
>
> I already started working on those features and the changes became too
> intrusive, so I decided to defer them to the next release. I already
> have a large patch in the works, but it's not complete and I need to
> split it up into smaller patches when I start committing it.

OK, have you a schedule for that actions. Let us not talk about days,
but can
you say summer (north part of the earth :-) or more next winter?
As I understood now, the parallel high-v programming is not
on the mainline but could be found in the branch, right?
The branch also contains your latest changes (new devices etc) ?

> You don't need to rewrite your patch. Just checkout the brach from
> cvs. The branch tag is "stk500-1-10-patch". Or you can generate a
> patch for the snapshot (or release when it's out) using cvs as such:
>
>   cvs patch -u -r rel-20030527-rc1 -r stk500-1-10-patch uisp > foo.diff

I will try that out, but my wife is knocking on the screen now ....

> :) After I have inserted reading the elf format in simulavr a few
> :) weeks ago, it should be no problem to do that also in uisp. If that
> :) is interesting for you, I will put that into the cvs sources next
> :) weeks if needed. So there is no longer a need to program the eeprom
> :) in a second step with all the file conversions before programming.
> :) I have a lot projects where preinitialized eeprom data are needed.
>
> I have already starting thinking about that.

Fine...

Thanks for your work!

Bye
        Klaus