ww-tedit-dev

Re: [ww-tedit-dev] idea about extending the brackets highlighting

From: Tzvetan Mikov
Subject: Re: [ww-tedit-dev] idea about extending the brackets highlighting
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:04:25 -0800

> Pondering on this problem I think it is a good idea when a '{}' pair is
> highlighted to put in bold the 'if/for/while' statement (the reserved
> word itself) to which the block belongs.

I think that is an excellent idea.

Something else to think about: if there is a closing bracket whose opening
bracket is outside of the screen, it would be useful if we could in someway
display what is the controlling statement. I think an example will help to make
this clearer:

for ( i = 0; i != 10; ++i )
{
  ... many lines ...
  ... this is a different screen:
}

When I highlight the closing bracket I would like in some way to see that it
belongs to a "for" loop, or even better then entire "for" expression.

-tz

P.S. Which is the correct word to use in this context: bracket, brace or
parentheses ?