wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] Weekend status

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] Weekend status
Date: 28 Jun 2003 22:54:40 -0700

I found a significant missing feature that I'm now trying to put in:
Mouse event handling. There is currently no way to catch a mouse event,
such as a click, drag, etc. That's fine as long as you're only using
standard widgets (controls), but if you're trying to do a drawing
program, it's a problem.

I actually need mouse events myself, because I'm porting my Space
Monkeys game to wxruby. I originally wrote it with GTK, then ported it
to FLTK, and now to wx. It's going pretty well, but I can also see that
the current way we hook events is really cumbersome. We'll need to come
up with a more rubyesque method really soon!

Anyway, aside from this new feature, I still think the library code is
ready for alpha release.

Kevin