yafray-devel

[Yafray-devel] bugfixes

From: Alejandro Conty Estevez
Subject: [Yafray-devel] bugfixes
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:26:07 +0200

I send a patch against 0.0.2-6 which sloves some bugs. There are still
some known bugs to fix.

The radiosity behavour has changed so I send a rad.xml to test with. I
think I know what causes those ppc artifacts, so if they still apear I
can tell you how to fix them. This is still experimental so it's still
needed to adjust the photonlight power manually, but I think it works
better now.

to apply the patch put in the same dir the patch and the sources,
uncompress the sources and then

zcat patch-220902.diff.gz | patch -p0

Let me know if you find any problem.

More interesting things ...

Luciano (aka Lucho) is trying a new paralel
method to work in a mosix cluster. A mosix cluster is a set of N
computers with a patched linux kernel that work together as if they were
a single multicpu computer. The idea is that you execute yafray -c 20 in
one of them, and then the processes are migrated to the other machines.
Interesting thing to try in the tipical computer class with 20 machines
:-)

Also Luis is trying to release a win32 binary. I don't know if he will
get it this night, but it is probable.

have fun

Alejandro.