yafray-devel

[Yafray-devel] bugfixes

From: Alejandro Conty Estevez
Subject: [Yafray-devel] bugfixes
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:48:29 +0200

Hi

This is a patch against 2-7 which fixes some bugs (one of them in
softlight). Also adds clouds texture (perlin noise) loading and shadow
caching, which helps a bit using arealights and hemilights.

But the good new is that eeshlo wrote  the first working blender export
script. Is still unfinished, but it can export geometry, UV coords,
lights and camera. So you have to export that and then edit the file to
define your materials, tune the lights etc ... I recomend you to use a
good text editor, the resulting file is as big as the scene. It can
export in gziped format too.

It works, I can tell you. Look at this picture :

http://www.coala.uniovi.es/~jandro/render/yafcamera.jpg

yes, is the same camera rendered more than a year ago with lightflow.
Now renders with yafray in 2 minutes.
This is the original picture made with lightflow:

http://www.coala.uniovi.es/~jandro/render/camera.jpg

Very promising. Eeshlo is now busy with his lightflow script so if
someone wants to help with this script ...

Also this patch adds the first mosix complaint code wrote by lucho. It's
not definitive, he is now optimizing data transfers betwen nodes, but it
works. To use it run configure with --enable-fork.

Have fun.