yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] ppc again

From: Alejandro Conty Estevez
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] ppc again
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 01:17:25 +0200

> http://gamma.nic.fi/~marvin/test/
> Anything you might want me to try, let me know.

yes, go to scene.cc
edit it and go at the beggining, in a constructor you will see something
like:

min_raydis=0.00000000001;

ok, just delete zeros to get a bigger value until that noise dissapears.
It's a numerical error, that should be no more than one or two zeros.

if you get the limit value we can put an #ifdef __PPC__ ....

We had to do the same in windows cause the code generated used worse
float precission (I don't know why,it was gcc,an older version, but gcc)

try it