yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] ppc again

From: Marvin
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] ppc again
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 01:17:08 +0300

min_raydis=0.0000000000001;
seems to work, so just by removing one zero.

I'm using gcc 2.95.4 on both systems(x86 and ppc), might be intresting to see what
happens with gcc 3.x?

With the #ifdef __PPC__ and the same for windows, how about other platforms,
they would all have to be tested seperately? Or is it safe to assume that most systems handle this properly? Or maybe somesort of an testing system at compilation time.

Just curious...

-Marvin

Alejandro Conty Estevez wrote:

yes, go to scene.cc
edit it and go at the beggining, in a constructor you will see something
like:

min_raydis=0.00000000001;

ok, just delete zeros to get a bigger value until that noise dissapears.
It's a numerical error, that should be no more than one or two zeros.

if you get the limit value we can put an #ifdef __PPC__ ....

We had to do the same in windows cause the code generated used worse
float precission (I don't know why,it was gcc,an older version, but gcc)

try it