access-activists

RE: [Access-activists] New member with a big project

From: Jamal Mazrui
Subject: RE: [Access-activists] New member with a big project
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:56:18 -0400

I realize there are other free licenses besides GPL, but thought that
GNU only promoted (via various resources) programs that were at least
GPL-compatible in their licenses.  That is my main question regarding
the Braille Blaster project.  I know that it can proceed with any
combination of licenses without GNU support.  Since such support could
be helpful, however, I am trying to determine whether the use of
Eclipse-licensed software is an obstacle.  What I have read on both
gnu.org and eclipse.org implies that it would be an obstacle, but if
there is conceptually something I am missing that reconciles these
issues, I want to understand it.

Jamal