access-activists

Re: [Access-activists] New member with a big project

From: Christian Hofstader
Subject: Re: [Access-activists] New member with a big project
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 14:21:57 -0400

I haven't looked into the Eclipse license but GNU hackers often use Eclipse as
an IDE of choice (I prefer emacspeak but I'm old and quirky). There may be some
issues if one were to use code from Eclipse under the Eclipse license in a GPL
program as the different licenses may not mix properly  in all places.

I'm the accessibility guy, you should ask one of the legal types.

I don't think BrailleBlaster is actually using any Eclipse code but, rather, is
just using the IDE which makes no matter regarding licenses as its output isn't
covered by its license. I think John uses a command line compiler and bash is
definitely GPL as it was original GNU code.

I'm told Eclipse works pretty good on all platforms which, for John and his
crew, is really important.

cdh