accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] A thought about a possible project

From: Michael Whapples
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] A thought about a possible project
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 20:48:10 +0100

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I was really just meaning access to text, buttons and other controls. As an example (although may be irrelevant as there are scripts to get the stream and convert it to MP3 on the computer) would be that using the BBC iplayer I am unable to pause programmes, etc. There are also some websites who seem to use flash on there front pages and have the buttons in the flash content. Solving this is what I had meant.

I would agree getting orca to describe videos, etc would be very difficult (if not impossible). I hadn't meant work in this direction.

Thanks for showing I could have been misunderstood, hopefully a bit clearer now.

Michael Whapples