adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Image format and custom coloring

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Image format and custom coloring
Date: 04 Mar 2002 20:49:16 +0100

> I think an option to load .xcf files with layers instead of multiple
> pnms would be better - the backgrond layer could be the pic and all
> other layer would be some kind of mask.

And how about a saving plug in to directly save your images in the
game's format from Gimp? (I would better shut up before I make false
promises again! ;))

> > Well, this is written down to my todo list - right after we have a
> > decent map engine! ;) (can't promise this will make it into 0.4 though)
> >

> We'll have mapedit back for 0.4 though, right?
> There will be more map to make and I'd really like to be designing map
> again - it was such fun for 0.2!

Sure we will. 0.3's map has been a hell anyway ;) And as maps will be
quite more complex, we really can't do without a graphical editor. Once
Joel come with a usuable GUI I'll work on it - which leaves me some time
to tune the map design - more on this soon! :)

As 0.4 will not have many many characters, it's not that serious if we
can't do that color trick. But anyway the task is added to Savannah's
tracker, so if a programmer pops up and take it over, I'd just be happy!
;)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org