adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Image format and custom coloring

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Image format and custom coloring
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:36:49 +0100

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 10:19, you wrote:

> I was sure you would disagree :p

Am I that predictable? ;)

> Using portraits would limit for example
> the ability to change the color of skins - as in portraits skins colours
> are much more detailed and simply can't be coded with 255 near colors.

Actually, I meant that we shouldn't use that color changing for the portraits
at all. Or at least not to a big extent.

It's mainly a matter of how many NPC's we'll have, and how important they are
for the plot. In those cases, where the role of characters is of importance,
we could save a considerable amount of work. So for guards or peasants and a
few other stereotypes we could apply such color changing. But it would not be
fitting with portraits that show a special expression, like most of Waste's
Edge's portraits.

Kai