[Adonthell-devel] gimmicks in the game...

From: cirrus
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] gimmicks in the game...
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:38:23 +0000

I was just wandering around the map again. How difficult is it to let
the player interact with things on the map like you did for the clock,
bjarn's chest* and the alchemy table? If it's easy I think we should add
loads more, especially in the rooms upstairs and in the cellar where
there isn't anyone to talk to. If it's difficult to add these things
don't bother, but if they're easy here a few ideas...

barrels in the cellar:  "I'm sure Mr. Redwyne won't mind if I try a bit"
                        "Mmmmh.. this wine's really tasty!"
                        "Hic! Whoa, that's quite strong!"

crates in the cellar:   ""Made in Uzdun'kal"? How cheep is this Mr.
Redwyne??"
                        ""Made in Cirdanth", now that's more like it!"

bookshelves in the parlour:     "Oh dear, "The Art of making Yetis by Rhayne
Frostbloom""
                        ""Teach yourself Elvish in 21 days"???"
                        "This is nothing compared to Lady Silverhair's reading
room back
                        home!"

picture in players's room:      "Hey, that looks like Adonthell!"

picture in Fellnir's room:      (is it possible to display the yeti pic
full-screen?)
                                "Aw, a midget yeti, how cute!"

I'm sure you can think of more gags like this. Would make the otherwise
boring rooms upstairs a bit more fun to explore. If it is possible to
display a fullscreen pic when the player looks at pictures on the wall
that would be cool - I have the midget yeti pic and the green and blue
landscape one too.

* The chest in Bjarn's room needs to be moved up a square so that it's
up against the wall - Am I allowed to say why on this list or is it
restricted to the plot list? ;)

        -James

--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821