[Adonthell-devel] More music, and some sound effects.

From: Joseph Toscano
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] More music, and some sound effects.
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:36:56 -0500

I updated at-demo-5.ogg, and have created at-demo-6.ogg. Make sure to update
at-demo-5.ogg in the game, because I fixed some problems with it. In fact, I
may end up releasing another version of it before I decide that the music is
done. Sorry for being a pain in the ass. >D

http://zhaymusic.com/crap/at-demo/at-demo-5.ogg
http://zhaymusic.com/crap/at-demo/at-demo-6.ogg

I'm trying to decide how at-demo-6 should fit into the actual game. At
first, I wanted it to play only in certain sections of Waste's Edge. But how
about this: play them back-to-back, and loop them around in a circle, like
so: at-demo-5 plays, then at-demo-6 plays, then at-demo-5 plays, then
at-demo-6 plays, and so on. Keep both of them looping indefinitely while
you're walking around the inn. I'm probably going to write some specific
music for other events in the game, but for general walking around and
exploring, I think these two songs do nicely for now.

Also: heh. I really love Waste's Edge so far, with one glaring exception:
those sound-effects have *got* to go. ;P First and foremost: they conflict
with the music, because they are blatant musical notes in and of themselves.
Thus, I made some relatively toneless sound-effects which are a lot more
subtle.

For the cursor going up and down while you're selecting something:
http://zhaymusic.com/crap/at-demo/choose.wav

For when you've actually selected an option with the spacebar:
http://zhaymusic.com/crap/at-demo/chosen.wav

I dunno if it's just me, but I think these are a lot more suitable for the
game. I guess I'm just being a bastard about it because the current
sound-effects conflict with my music, but. . . well, heh.

Anywho. Comments and suggestions are welcomed and encouraged. >D

--JT