Re: [Adonthell-devel] More music, and some sound effects.

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] More music, and some sound effects.
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:49:28 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:36:56 -0500 Joseph Toscano wrote
> I updated at-demo-5.ogg, and have created at-demo-6.ogg. Make sure to update
> at-demo-5.ogg in the game, because I fixed some problems with it. In fact, I
> may end up releasing another version of it before I decide that the music is
> done. Sorry for being a pain in the ass. >D

Hey, no problem! You're the maestro, so you decide when a piece is
finished.

And at-demo-6 is absolutely brilliant. The other one is technically great,
and the Adonthell-theme like bits are very catchy. But demo-6 is much more
symphonic, like some of the music I usually listen to :).

> I'm trying to decide how at-demo-6 should fit into the actual game. At
> first, I wanted it to play only in certain sections of Waste's Edge. But how
> about this: play them back-to-back, and loop them around in a circle, like
> so: at-demo-5 plays, then at-demo-6 plays, then at-demo-5 plays, then
> at-demo-6 plays, and so on. Keep both of them looping indefinitely while
> you're walking around the inn. I'm probably going to write some specific
> music for other events in the game, but for general walking around and
> exploring, I think these two songs do nicely for now.

Heh, I would have been glad about one walking tune (and no special ones)
already, so I won't complain ... :). It's perfect like that, really!

> I dunno if it's just me, but I think these are a lot more suitable for the
> game. I guess I'm just being a bastard about it because the current
> sound-effects conflict with my music, but. . . well, heh.

I have no problem with this. If changing them makes you happy, lets do it.