Re: [Adonthell-devel] extro cutscene

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] extro cutscene
Date: 03 Jan 2002 19:55:32 +0100

> The extro cutscene is practically done and in CVS. The credits, and the
> running Alek - if Ben is able to do him - are missing. But the most
> important stuff is done.

Wow. It's just perfect, probably the best cutscene of the game! I've
committed the beaten talan mapcharacter. A few things things, though :):
having two characters speaking at the same time can be confusing to read
(you're surprised, and you lack time to read all the bubbles) and the
ending text does't appear fast enough (much slower than the intro text).
Also, have you checked that the bubbles will remain on the screen the
same amount of time, no matter what's the name of the player? This is
very important to be in sync with the music. Ah, and as Alek will leave
the Inn, it'd be better imo if the forest scrolling direction was
inverted. I don't really see how you've done your effect (looks like
it's a different (better ;)) technique than mine) otherwise I'd have
done it.

Finally, you shouldn't be able to make the main menu appear. Otherwise
you can save, and loading a game saved there isn't really nice to see!
;)

Voila, looks like the extro is nearly done, just missing the running
Alek. Some ideas for the credits? How about making them appear on the
final running Alek sequence?