Re: [Adonthell-devel] Extro sequence

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Extro sequence
Date: 18 Jan 2002 23:09:58 +0100

> > The entire sequence is made like a character schedule. How about turning
> > it into modules (like the intro)? The map sequence would remain a
> > schedule, while there would be two modules, one for the running alek,
> > one for the credits. Just a suggestion for cleanness - if you think it's
> > worthless effort, never mind! :)
>
> Well, I don't mind if you want to do that. It's a bit like cleaning up the
> intro though. I mean it's working, and no important part of our code, so I
> don't think it's really worth the trouble.

You're right. It's working anyway, and is not that dirty (less dirty
than the intro anyway ;))

> Well, we can do two things: either slow down the scrolling somewhat, or
> change the space between some of the entries. Actually, I wanted to ask if
> that space is fine the way it is. I think it's a somewhat inconsistent.

I have no problem with it. I've made some minor changes to the credits
and now the music is played entirely.

> > In the credits sequence, there is a sentense about "chrysoberils
> > catseyes"... "Lady Sylverhair received the finest Chrysoberyls
> > Catseyes". Isn't that a mistake? A stone is either Chrysoberyl or
> > Catseyes, not the two, right?
>
> No. You should have listened to Erek's explanation more carefully ;).
> A catseye is a special form of a chrysoberyl. If I remember correctly,
> that cat's eye effect appears on other stones too, although catseye
> implies a chrysoberyl catseye. Still, "chrysoberyl catseye" is correct.
> See http://www.minerals.net/gemstone/gemstone/chrysobe/chrysobe.htm for
> the details.

Ah. I listened to Erek, but didn't notice that Catseyes were
"beautifull" chrysoberyls. Btw, I just love the fact that references are
real. Most people will certainly think this Chrysoberyl/Catseyes thing
is of our invention, but the few people that knows about gems will
certainly appreciate. We should try to do that as much as possible, me
thinks.