Re: [Adonthell-devel] Music is done.

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Music is done.
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:55:39 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:32:51 -0500 Joseph Toscano wrote
> All of the files can be downloaded from:
>
> http://zhaymusic.com/adonthell-temp/
>
> Each of the files has been remixed and re-encoded, and all should be well.
> The entire collection is roughly 6MB in size, which is as small as it's
> going to get without sounding like utter crap. They're all encoded with ogg
> vorbis RC3, and they sound phenomenal for being such incredibly small files.
> I'm duly impressed with the vorbis format.

It's really amazing! They're nearly half the size and still sound good.
(Still, I'll get the 'better' ones too for my private enjoyment :))

> Two new songs. at-demo-9.ogg, "Revealed Truths," is to be played during the
> lengthy discussion at the end about how Fingolson had just stashed the gems
> the entire time.

When exactly should it start? When everyone enters Bjarn's room, or when
the dialogue is over and the self-running part begins.

> at-demo-a.ogg, "The Catseyes," is to be played when the
> shocking revelation is made that the gems have, after all, been stolen.
> During the forest outro sequence which talks about Alek, "The Trail - Part
> Two" can be played, as it was played during the intro forest sequence as
> well. Makes a nice bookend.

Sure.

> So. Everything should be all set and ready to go! Any questions or concerns,
> let me know as soon as possible. I've got a zillion things going on over
> here, but I haven't forgotten Waste's Edge. The sooner I can know about a
> problem, the sooner I can fix it and then we can release this beast. >D

No, everything should be fine. I'll put everything together in the
evening. Hope I'll get Nezumi's updates for Erek's dialogue and the Intro
typeover until then. Then I'll check that the packages are correctly
built, so cirrus can upload them.

Still I think we should make the announcement tomorrow, as usually a lot
of people seem to send stuff in on the weekend.