Re: [Adonthell-devel] Basic Role Playing System

From: Joseph Toscano
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Basic Role Playing System
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:53:06 -0500

Kai wrote:
> I already said, that magic would be open to Half-Elves and Elves only. But
> should there be greater differences?

I don't think so. To simplify things and to make them less confusing (and to
make the game more fun overall) I think that everyone should have the same
attributes, etc. The only differences between races should be, like, one
single big difference. For example: The Elves (the ones who abolished the
general use of pain-inducing magic) can cast healing magic. The Half-Elves
can cast attack magic. The dwarves can deal out more physical damage. The
humans . . . well, the humans suck. ;P They'll maybe have something special,
but I can't think of anything right now. You get the point, though.

> Would those three be enough for everything? Our old combat calculations
had
> also Luck (to determine Critical Hits/Misses) and we might want to have
> something like an Alignment.

Looks good to me. Though, indeed, "Luck" would be a good addition.

--JT