Re: [Adonthell-devel] Basic Role Playing System

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Basic Role Playing System
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:36:35 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Joseph Toscano wrote:

> I don't think so. To simplify things and to make them less confusing (and to
> make the game more fun overall) I think that everyone should have the same
> attributes, etc. The only differences between races should be, like, one
> single big difference. For example: The Elves (the ones who abolished the
> general use of pain-inducing magic) can cast healing magic. The Half-Elves
> can cast attack magic. The dwarves can deal out more physical damage. The
> humans . . . well, the humans suck. ;P They'll maybe have something special,
> but I can't think of anything right now. You get the point, though.

The humans would be able to use alchemy.  Which would be an attraction to
the "stuff sluts", as my friends call themselves.  Some people really
enjoy making stuff in RPGs, like the bread in Ultima.  So if they chose
the less glamorous human characters, they get the compensation of being
able to collect ingredients and make things like healing potions or attack
devices, like exploding vials and the like. These would simulate magic.

by the same token, I expect a dwarf would be able to work on his/her own
armour, or otherwise make things, while elves and half-elves could make
art, which would be available to the player in a gallery, or be able to be
sold for equipment, etc.

If you really want to have fun, you can do things with music, too.

> Looks good to me. Though, indeed, "Luck" would be a good addition.

Luck would be good.

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
  "I'm Touga Kiryuu, Student Council President and totally normal boy." --