Re: [Adonthell-devel] 0.3

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] 0.3
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:17:39 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Kai Sterker wrote:

> Heh. Items and Combat are the most important I would say. Improvements to the
> mapengine of course. I wouldn't plan much more, as that is a lot already. But
> maybe Alex wants to put the Client/Server stuff on the list too.

Cool.  I'm really getting in a writing mood again lately, and having that
session with you on IRC gave me a big boost.  I'll do my best to get there
on time (I've got an anime society meeting the same day, so I might be a
little late).

> > And on a side note, I've been thinking of the concept of maybe a little
> > mini-game to include in future releases, but I haven't really gone too far
> > with it.  Anyone interested in brainstorming sometime?
>
> Well, there is the IRC meeting of course, and there are the mailing lists.
>
> You really got me interested :)

Well, one idea I've been kicking around is maybe a variant on a
placing-stones game, since I've been playing Go a lot lately.  But it
would have to be something much simpler, and preferably involve items
(special stones, maybe?  Or something else) that the player might be able
to find or buy in various places in the game.  Like hard-to-access rooms
in an inn, or other similar hiding places.

Not a card game, in any case.  There are entirely too many card games in
RPG's these days.

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
 "God is real unless declared integer." -- anonymous