[Adonthell-devel] Code & data updates

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Code & data updates
Date: 05 Feb 2002 15:00:46 +0100

Here are some fixes I've done to both the code and Waste's Edge data:

code:
-detecting SWIG at configure time (no version checking yet) and display a message inviting the user to get swig if he doesn't have it and needs to rebuild py_adonthell_wrap.cc
-complete gcc 3.0 compliance (there was a dlgedit file that didn't compile)
-fixed a bug in the animation class that caused some animations to display pink noise when loaded
-debian packages building ability (debian users just type 'debuild' to automatically get a dpkg installable package - binary in /usr/games, data in /usr/share/adonthell)
-changed the version number to 0.3.1

data:
-fixed the pink noise bugs Ingo reported
-the adonthell-wastesedge script is now rebuilt every time (was a bug)
-debian packages building ability (similar to the source package - this also adds an 'Adonthell - Waste's Edge' entry in X's Games/Adventure menu and adonthell-wastesedge into /usr/games).
-Felnir doesn't say "I have to talk with <player name>" anymore - as when you speak with him he most often tell you to get away ;)
-switched version number to 0.3.1

Also I have tried to fixe the perms for the data & README files, but can't get CVS to understand it. Has anyone an idea?

Maybe we could release a bugfix 0.3.1 version along with Debian packages?