Re: [Adonthell-devel] Can build RPM's

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Can build RPM's
Date: 08 Feb 2002 22:31:11 +0100

> Okay, I have added a spec file for wastesedge as well. So if you are going
> to make the adonthell RPM package, you can also make one for wastesedge.

Great!

> One additional thing: by default, the RPM's will install to /usr/local.
> If you want them to install to /usr, you have to run
> 'configure --prefix=/usr' after the initial 'autogen.sh'. (That's also
> true for the adonthell RPM package.

You can also tell configure to place the binaries elsewhere (/usr/games
for instance, as Debian policy requests it). Have a look at debian/rules
for a list of options I've used, that could be handy.

So, we have RPMs, great! But will they work with every RPM based distro?
Or will we have to make RPMS for Redhat, Mandrake, SuSe, ... as I've
already seen?