[Adonthell-devel] It works! (was Endianness (Adonthell and Solaris))

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] It works! (was Endianness (Adonthell and Solaris))
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:24:07 +0100

Good news everyone,

it seems my theory was right after all. It finally runs on Solaris.

That means that bools are 32bit on Solaris, and zlib does return the 'wrong'
values on a big endian machine when reading a file saved on a little endian
box. Which is odd, but nonetheless true.

I'll add the changes to the code ASAP. Maybe Brian will supply a
README.Solaris, and the binaries too. Anyway, once I have the stuff I think
we can release v0.3.2 with official Solaris support. :)

Now we need a victim with MacOS X. And a win32 port wouldn't really hurt
either.