Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge CVS out of date?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Waste's Edge CVS out of date?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:25:12 +0200

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:20:43 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Hehe :)
>
> Could it be that Waste's Edge CVS is out of date Kai? When I run
> 'adonthell -g .' from my just checked out CVS copy (never got the
> Savannah copy before, shame on me!), I got:
>
> File "save.data" has
> version number 2, but I was expecting 3 <= version <= 3
> You should probably get a more recent data package.
>
> As you have recently changed stuff inside, maybe you forgot to commit?

You got me there (for about 5 minutes ;)).

The CVS doesn't even contain a save.data, only your personal savegames
do. If you compiled the new code, you might have the new 'quick start'
feature turned on, which tries to load the most recent save game at
startup.

Remove any save games or edit the adonthellrc file to fix that problem.