Re: [Adonthell-devel] autoconf and automake problem

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] autoconf and automake problem
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:30:13 +0200

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:08:57 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Ok, I got what's wrong! The problem came from the
> AC_PREFIX_PROGRAM(adonthell) in configure.in. It set my build
> directory to ... ./lib!

Odd! I really wonder what's causing this.

Anyway, we can probably remove it for now. Although I personally liked
it, 'cause if I install something from source I want it to override any

> shall I blast it off? Then
> I can make the last safety checks, create the packages, upload them on
> Monday and help making some noise so people look at us! :)

Yeah, that would be great! So please everyone look at the release notes
to see whether they're any good:
http://mail.freesoftware.fsf.org/pipermail/adonthell-general/2002-September/000968.html

And if you know a place where to announce the release, just add it to
the list:

- Our annoucement ML (which hasn't served since february and 0.3.0)
- Our website
- Linuxgames.com
- Happypenguin.org
- Savannah
- Sourceforge (hey, after all, they didn't want to fire us, so... :))
- Freshmeat
- Some newsgroups? I especially think about comp.os.linux.announce
- linuxgaming.co.uk
- madmonkey.net

I can do the last two: Jason from linuxgaming.co.uk asked me to keep him
updated a few months ago, and I also own the entry at madmonkey.net. We
might want to find a few more windoze places though.

> Ah, also, while I'm at it, I'd like to suggest a correction for the
> website, on the main page when we talk about Waste's Edge features.
> "Atmospheric sfx" is wrong. Others features might make think that
> things are better than what they are, but they are still true! :)

Yeah, I can change that. Guess the few sounds we do have do not really
count ;).