Re: [Adonthell-devel] Item spec

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Item spec
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:55:16 +0100

> With that I'll come to an end. Sorry if it's a lot of info, and not
> all of it explained in detail. If nobody sees any huge flaws in the
> above, I would go about implementing (and documenting) that stuff.
> Sounds okay?

No time to read, as I'm in
finals-panic-haven't-worked-enough-before-mode. But I know you enough to
guess it must be ok in some way - and since we already discussed the
matter before, I have my idea. :) How about adding this to the
documentation (that is, using latex or doxygen)? Then you could rely on
me to put some mess inside once I'm free! :)

Random idea: using Python attributes directly instead of a container of
our own. That way an item directly "owns" its attributes, they can be of
any type - and restricting the attributes or serializable objects will
even make them totally saveable/loadable. This also implies an item is
a Python object, nothing more, nothing less (expected of course a nice
C++ interface).

Alex. (who hate finals)