Re: [Adonthell-devel] PPC/Sparc input problem fixed - & Python dependanc

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] PPC/Sparc input problem fixed - & Python dependancies problem fixed
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:56:36 +0100

> Well, this whole thing has finally gotten on my nerves, so I took the
> time to track the error down.

Great! I've also tracked down another problem, Python related this time:
on my new system the Python binary is linked with libstdc++, which was
of course taken in the dependancies and caused problem at link time. A
slight change in configure.in fixed that. I think we got some error
reports abou this from some players.

But now that I can compile & install Adonthell again, I can't run it! :(
Here's what I get:
$ adonthell-wastesedge
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./init.py", line 229, in ?
  File "./init.py", line 38, in __init__
  File "./adonthell.py", line 2228, in __init__
RuntimeError: No constructor defined
exec_file: init load failed:
init: destructor called

And when calling from wastesedge's CVS directory:
$ adonthell -g .
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/init.py", line 229, in ?
    title = title_screen ()
  File "./scripts/init.py", line 38, in __init__
    self.bag_o = adonthell.win_image ()
  File "./adonthell.py", line 2228, in __init__
RuntimeError: No constructor defined
exec_file: init load failed:
init: destructor called

Doh! And here is line 2228 of my adonthell.py:
    def __init__(self): raise RuntimeError, "No constructor defined"

Wtf?? swig -version reports
SWIG Version 1.3.17u-20021128-1508

Any thoughts?