Re: [Adonthell-devel] PPC/Sparc input problem fixed - & Python dependanc

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] PPC/Sparc input problem fixed - & Python dependancies problem fixed
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:19:53 +0100

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:56:36 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > Well, this whole thing has finally gotten on my nerves, so I took
> > the time to track the error down.
>
> Great! I've also tracked down another problem, Python related this
> time: on my new system the Python binary is linked with libstdc++,
> which was of course taken in the dependancies and caused problem at
> link time. A slight change in configure.in fixed that. I think we got
> some error reports abou this from some players.

Yeah, but that one ran SuSE and link failed because of libstc++ missing
or something like that. I shouldn't think it will cause problems if we
link to it explicitly. Shouldn't hurt to remove it either.

Which makes me think: new versions of autoconf come with much better
python support, don't they? Maybe we can remove some of our own Python
checks in favour of autoconf's. But then again, maybe better not ;).

> But now that I can compile & install Adonthell again, I can't run it!

That's SWIG 1.3.17. Others ran into the same problem. I tried it myself,
with the same result. So I'm back to 1.3.16.

I'm not sure about what's causing the problem, but it might be the
-makedefault flag not properly working anyway (which will add a default
constructor if none are specified). So a workaround would be to
explicitly add default constructors to classes that haven't them yet.