Re: [Adonthell-devel] Handling edge pixels on scanned images.

From: James Nash
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Handling edge pixels on scanned images.
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:00:17 -0600

Unfortunately I don't know of a perfect solution for this, but you could
try this:

1. Make the alpaha (ie the nothingness) around the drawing to a selection.

2. Enlarge the selection by 1 or 2 pixels

3. Feather the slection by 1 pixel or so (if you want to smooth the
ediges a bit, otherwise omit this step)

4. Cut the selection.

Hopefully this will have removed a border of about 1 or 2 pixels all
along the edges of your pictures. With a bit of luck that will have
gotten rid of most of the white stuff!

Good luck! :)

            -James

http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-artwork/2002-09/msg00014.html