[Adonthell-devel] Regarding Savannah hack

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Regarding Savannah hack
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:17:26 +0100

As you might have noticed, the server running Savannah, where our CVS and downloads are hosted was broken into in early November. After discovery of the incident, the services have been temporarily turned off.

Now that they are going to be back soon(er or later), there will be a few things to watch out for those of you that have a developer account there. Most important are these points:

   * When the user database comes back online, all Savannah users will
     need to activate their Savannah accounts anew, and upload their
     SSHv2 keys.  Users will not need to make new SSHv2 keys; we know
     of no particular security threat to Savannah if you use the same
     one.  (However, you might want to consider making new keys in
     case your own private key security has been compromised.)  SSHv1
     access will no longer be provided.

   * Upload of GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) keys as part of the account
     activation process will no longer be optional; each Savannah
     developer must have a GPG key on-file at Savannah.  Additionally,
     one email address on the key must match the email address used by
     the developer on Savannah.  If you do not yet have a GPG key, and
     plan to reactivate your savannah account, we suggest that you
     generate a GPG key soon, so that it will be ready when regular
     user access is restored.

The whole message can be found at: http://savannah.gnu.org/statement.html

Sorry to bother you, if all of that is old news to you ;-).
Cheers,