[Adonthell-devel] Re: Update on collision work

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Update on collision work
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:59:29 +0100

On Dec 14, 2007 11:26 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have integrated the collision detection code (see CVS) and have
> started to debug and iron out all the flaws it still has (not in CVS
> yet).

Today I found the worst bug (I assume), making things look a lot
nicer. Not checked in yet, as I might be able to work some more on it
tonight (before I'll be making Christmas cookies :-)).

The biggest problem that remains is synchronizing the character
position with the rest of the world. It appears to be a little off,
still, resulting in falling through the ground halfway across a tile
... shouldn't be that difficult to fix, though.

There is also more work on the rendering ... I vastly simplified it
when introducing the 3D object models, but it seems that some of the
extra calculation where there for a reason ;-).

But all in all, it's getting closer to a stable state again. Once that
is reached, I will document stuff on the wiki and then move to the
next item on the list (path finding).

Cheers,