[Adonthell-devel] Re: Map editor progress

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Map editor progress
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:00:52 +0200

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Kai Sterker<address@hidden> wrote:

> A proof-of-concept object browser is in place. But it's not in any
> shape to be committed, so here's just a screenshot. For some reason,
> all thumbnails are upside-down and otherwise screwed up too. Also,
> there is no functionality to it, other than displaying all the
> entities already present on the map.

Fixed rendering and committed what I have.

Images being upside down is actually a bug in the Quartz backend of
GTK+, fixed since version 2.13.5, so nothing I will do about other
than updating my GTK+ installation some day.

Code is still as crude as yesterday; especially the rendering of map
objects to a pixmap is now duplicated and something I want to move
into its own class, together with some functionality for getting
arbitrary scaled versions of the pixmap.

But all that needs to wait, since vacation is coming up and I will
probably have better things to do then code :-). (Like walking the dog
through lavender fields or along the sea).

If somebody wants to take matters into their hands, the previous mails
have some suggestions what to do :-).