Re: [Adonthell-general] New Mailing List

From: cirrus
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:15:40 +0000

Nezumi wrote:

> On 6 Feb 2002, Alexandre Courbot wrote:
>
> > Sensible. That makes me think, maybe (if this makes sense) we could
> > include some existing Free mini games - our work would then just be to
> > make an interface with the Adonthell GUI. That's what Free Software is
> > for after all. But of course I'd prefer if you guys have enough
> > creativity to provide several original ones ;)
>
> This is pretty much what I was thinking.  After the final Adonthell game
> is released, sometime in 3012 or so, we could release the mini-game as a
> stand-alone.  But I'd really like to see it integrated into Adonthell
> first.
>
> I'm also thinking of the next demo and wondering about putting a slightly
> different game into that than what will make it to the final game.  At
> least leave /some/ things for later.  ^_^

Since gfx and maps for the new mapengine should be more or less
compatible with the final game (at worst the mapfiles might need to be
converted by some utility, but remaking them should be a thing of the
past) any locations we make now for demos we can keep around as they are
all in the same world. They may be isolated from each other now but over
time we can make the missing maps inbetween and have them in the final
game for players to explore. I think that would be nice as a) it means
our work now isn't wasted and b) when players play latere demos or the
finished game it will surely bring fond memories back to them if they
stumble across an old village or character from a previous game.
I'd really like to, in 0.4 or later, walk into a pub and meet a half-elf
called Banec, who when I talk to him tells me about an adventure he had
a few years ago in a place called Waste's Edge :) I think occasional
things like that would be nice touches! (unfortunately Banec would need
to be remade in the new size but any new characters from now on ought to
be reusable)

Together with lots of mini-games the game will be so much fun!

        -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821